Many visitors take advantage of Henderson’s more relaxed suburban feel as a jumping off point to discover outdoor adventures. While the Strip can be fun it is also often congested and Chaotic. Exploring the Top 10 Tour Destinations from a base in Henderson NV just makes more sense for people who are not interested in sitting in front of slot machines. And also bored by the thought attending another over priced show (Did I just say that? – Yes I did).
Note: We are not in the Tour Destination Business. We are not paid or incentivized to promote the businesses listed on this page. We do not have a working relationship with any of them. These are courtesy listings for our visitors and being on the list does not infer an endorsement.
Be sure to read our summary below the table about what you can expect to do and see on a tour of the Grand Canyon or Zions National Park. Both destinations are scenic wonders and should be on everyone’s “Bucket List”.
Exploring Henderson’s Top 10 Tour Destinations
Embark on unforgettable adventures with these 10 captivating tour destinations near Henderson, Nevada. Enjoy a range of experiences, from scenic drives through breathtaking landscapes to exploring iconic landmarks.
|Tour||Company||Contact Information||Approximate Duration||Price Range||Highlights|
|Hoover Dam Tour||West Coast Sightseeing||(702) 385-8887||4 hours||$60-$70||Delve into the fascinating history and construction of the Hoover Dam, marveling at panoramic views from its summit.|
|Grand Canyon West Rim Tour||Grand Canyon West Rim||(866) 669-7229||10 hours||$150-$200||Experience the awe-inspiring Skywalk, a glass-bottomed bridge extending over the Grand Canyon’s edge. Immerse yourself in Native American culture at the Hualapai Ranch, witnessing live animal demonstrations.|
|Red Rock Canyon Tour||Red Rock Canyon Tours||(702) 565-6997||2 hours||$30-$40||Embark on a scenic drive through the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, capturing breathtaking photographs of the vibrant red rock formations.|
|Valley of Fire Tour||Valley of Fire Tours||(702) 565-4969||4 hours||$40-$50||Traverse the picturesque Valley of Fire State Park, admiring its unique rock formations and ancient petroglyphs.|
|Death Valley Tour||Death Valley Tours||(702) 565-6997||10 hours||$150-$200||Explore the vast expanse of Death Valley National Park, witnessing its extraordinary geological wonders. Visit Badwater Basin, North America’s lowest point, and Zabriskie Point, offering stunning panoramic vistas.|
|Zion National Park Tour||Zion National Park Tours||(702) 565-4969||10 hours||$150-$200||Venture into Zion National Park, embarking on scenic hikes to iconic destinations like Angels Landing and The Narrows.|
|Bryce Canyon National Park Tour||Bryce Canyon National Park Tours||(702) 565-6997||10 hours||$150-$200||Immerse yourself in the captivating beauty of Bryce Canyon National Park, admiring its unique hoodoos, tall, thin rock spires that rise from the canyon floor.|
|Lake Mead Tour||Lake Mead Tours||(702) 565-4969||4 hours||$40-$50||Glide across the tranquil waters of Lake Mead on a scenic boat cruise, enjoying stunning views of the Hoover Dam and other landmarks from the water.|
|Neon Museum Tour||Neon Museum||(702) 387-6366||1 hour||$20-$25||Step back in time with a tour of the Neon Museum, showcasing the vibrant neon signs from Las Vegas’ illustrious past. Learn about the city’s rich history and the stories behind these iconic symbols.|
|Mob Museum Tour||The Mob Museum||(702) 229-2734||2 hours||$30-$35||Delve into the captivating world of organized crime through interactive exhibits at The Mob Museum. Unravel the tales of notorious gangsters and gain insights into their impact on American history.|
Grand Canyon Tours Tour: What Awaits You at the Grand Canyon
The Grand Canyon is one of the Seven Natural Wonders of the World, and it’s a must-see for any visitor to the Las Vegas Area. A tour to the Grand Canyon is a great way to see this incredible natural wonder without having to worry about the logistics of getting there and back.
On a tour to the Grand Canyon, you’ll typically travel by bus or van. The drive takes about four hours each way, but the scenery along the way is stunning. You’ll pass through desert landscapes, mountain ranges, and small towns.
Once you arrive at the Grand Canyon, you’ll have plenty of time to explore. You can walk along the rim, take a mule ride down into the canyon, or even go on a helicopter tour. There are also several visitor centers where you can learn more about the history and geology of the Grand Canyon.
Here are some of the things you can expect to see and do on a tour to the Grand Canyon:
- Visit the South Rim: The South Rim is the most popular part of the Grand Canyon, and it’s where you’ll find most of the visitor centers and amenities. You can also take a mule ride down into the canyon from the South Rim.
- Walk along the Rim Trail: The Rim Trail is a paved trail that runs along the edge of the Grand Canyon. It’s a great way to get stunning views of the canyon and to learn about the different geological features.
- Take a helicopter tour: A helicopter tour is a great way to see the vastness of the Grand Canyon. You’ll fly over the canyon and get bird’s-eye views of the Colorado River, the Painted Desert, and the Kaibab National Forest.
- Visit Mather Point: Mather Point is one of the most popular viewpoints on the South Rim. It offers stunning views of the canyon and the Colorado River.
- Visit Bright Angel Lodge: Bright Angel Lodge is a historic lodge located on the South Rim. It’s a great place to stay for the night if you want to experience the Grand Canyon after dark.
What Awaits You at Zion National Park
Zion National Park is another must-see for any visitor to Las Vegas Area. It’s located just a few hours away from the city, and it’s home to towering sandstone cliffs, narrow canyons, and lush forests. It’s about 130 miles to Saint George Utah (A nice place to stop for a meal and bathroom break). Then another 33 miles to the Zions Park Entrance. Through the magic of basic math depending on where you depart from its a 165 mile trip one way on average.
A Henderson based tour to Zion National Park is a great way to see this incredible natural wonder without having to worry about the logistics of getting there and back. On a Las Vegas tour to Zion National Park, you’ll typically travel by bus or van. The drive takes about two and a half hours each way.
Once you arrive at Zion National Park, you’ll have plenty of time to explore. You can hike through the park’s many canyons, take a shuttle bus to different viewpoints, or even go on a guided tour. There are also several visitor centers where you can learn more about the history and geology of Zion National Park.
Here are some of the things you can expect to see and do on a tour to Zion National Park:
- Visit the Narrows: The Narrows is a narrow canyon with towering sandstone walls on either side. It’s a popular hiking destination, but it’s important to be prepared for the hike. The Narrows is a wet hike, and you’ll need to hike through the Virgin River.
- Take the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive: The Zion Canyon Scenic Drive is a paved road that runs through the heart of Zion National Park. It’s a great way to see some of the park’s most iconic landmarks, such as the Narrows, Checkerboard Mesa, and Angels Landing.
- Hike Angels Landing: Angels Landing is a strenuous hike, but it offers stunning views of Zion Canyon. The hike takes about four hours each way, and there are several steep sections.
- Visit the Zion Human History Museum: The Zion Human History Museum tells the story of the people who have lived in Zion National Park over the centuries. The museum is located in Springdale, Utah, just outside the park entrance.
- Go on a guided tour: There are many different guided tours available in Zion National Park. You can take a tour of the Narrows, Angels Landing, or even a horseback riding tour.
And YES we realize this isn’t specifically about things to do in Henderson NV. It is however of interest for people who do visit Henderson and want to use it as a jumping off point to the Top 10 Tour Destinations for outdoor adventures.