We have all seen the Occasional Airbnb Horror Story on the News So what?
Vegas is built on the strength of Tourists Dollars. Airbnb is not as welcome here as one might believe. In fact there are some pretty stringent rules in place. So your Dream Airbnb may not be all it’s cracked up to be. So what to do… well read on of course. Watch out for the Hidden Fees they try to sneak in on you. It is not uncommon to have a super high cleaning fee while advertising a really low rate. You find out once you are in the booking process. Another fee that seems to be popping up during the booking process is Insurance (Some Property Ownders insist you pay for insurance on their property during your stay).
Within the City of Las Vegas, short-term rentals are only allowed in owner-occupied homes that have three or fewer bedrooms and are at least 660 feet away from another short-term rental. Rentals must comply with licensing, noise and parking requirements.The Nevada Independent
Assembly Bill 363 legalized the practice of using homes for commercial lodging in 2021. Regulated short-term rentals already are allowed in Las Vegas, Henderson and North Las Vegas. The law reversed a county ban on the practice, and the county set out to establish its own rules.Review Journal
Unverified Rental Statistic about Airbnb in Las Vegas
This information comes from an unverified source, but is probably pretty accurate based on my somewhat limited knowledge.
13,900 Rentals Las Vegas short-term rentals on Airbnb and Vrbo average 63% occupancy, $248 daily rate and $3272 in monthly revenue. So people are for sure renting Airbnb properties. But should you?
Pros and Cons of Families Using Airbnb to Find Housing in Las Vegas and the Surrounding Area for Vacation Purposes
Airbnb is a popular website for finding vacation rentals, and it can be a great option for families visiting Las Vegas and the surrounding area. There are a number of pros and cons to consider when choosing to stay in an Airbnb rental, as well as some key differences between Airbnb rentals and casino resorts.
- Variety: Airbnb offers a wide variety of rental properties to choose from, including houses, condos, apartments, and villas. This gives families the flexibility to find a property that meets their specific needs and budget.
- Space: Airbnb rentals are often more spacious than hotel rooms, which can be important for families with children.
- Amenities: Many Airbnb rentals offer amenities such as kitchens, laundry facilities, and swimming pools. This can save families money on eating out and laundry costs, and it can also be more convenient for families with young children.
- Location: Airbnb rentals can be found in a variety of locations, including the Las Vegas Strip, Downtown Las Vegas, and the surrounding area. This gives families the flexibility to choose a location that is convenient for them and their interests.
- Cost: Airbnb rentals can be more affordable than hotel rooms, especially during peak season.
- Quality: The quality of Airbnb rentals can vary widely. It is important to read reviews carefully before booking a rental.
- Security: It is important to book an Airbnb rental from a reputable source. There have been cases of scams and fraud in the past.
- Amenities: Not all Airbnb rentals offer the same amenities as casino resorts. It is important to check the listing carefully to see what amenities are included.
- Hidden fees: Some Airbnb hosts charge hidden fees such as cleaning fees and security deposits. It is important to read the listing carefully to understand all of the fees involved.
How Airbnb Compares to Casino Resorts in Terms of Amenities
Casino resorts in Las Vegas offer a wide range of amenities, including casinos, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, spas, and pools. Some casino resorts also offer family-friendly amenities such as arcades, bowling alleys, and water parks.
Airbnb rentals typically do not have the same amenities as casino resorts. However, many Airbnb rentals do offer amenities such as kitchens, laundry facilities, and swimming pools. Some Airbnb rentals may also offer other amenities such as game rooms, home theaters, and barbecue grills.
Overall, Airbnb can be a great option for families visiting Las Vegas and the surrounding area. There are a number of pros and cons to consider, as well as some key differences between Airbnb rentals and casino resorts. Families should weigh the pros and cons carefully when deciding which option is best for them.
Here are some additional tips for families considering using Airbnb to find housing in Las Vegas and the surrounding area:
- Book early: Airbnb rentals book up quickly, especially during peak season. It is important to book your rental early to ensure that you get the property you want.
- Read reviews carefully: When reading reviews, pay attention to the comments about the cleanliness, location, and amenities of the property.
- Book from a reputable source: There have been cases of scams and fraud in the past. It is important to book your rental from a reputable source such as Airbnb itself or a reputable property management company.
- Communicate with the host: Once you have booked your rental, be sure to communicate with the host to get all of the necessary information, such as check-in and check-out times, parking instructions, and access codes.
Airbnb can be a great option for families visiting Las Vegas and the surrounding area. However, it is important to weigh the pros and cons carefully before deciding which option is best for you. Be sure to book early, read reviews carefully, and book from a reputable source.